Are Your Forestlands Eligible?
If you are able to answer “yes” to most of these questions, you may be eligible to earn revenue through a carbon offset project on your forestland.
- Is your forestland greater than 5,000 acres in size?
- Are at least 40% of the trees more than 20 years old?
- Is your long-term management style compatible with a 100 year commitment?
- Are you considering placing a conservation easement on some or all of your property?
- Is your forest management multiple-use oriented? If so, does it include any of the following?
- Wildlife Habitat
- Hunting Lease Revenue Generation
- Conservation Forest Management (long rotations, harvest less than growth, etc.)